Civil Construction Project Manager
Opportunity to work with one of Michigan's most well-known contractors
Exciting project pipeline, excellent benefits and a family oriented culture
About Our Client
A Contractor who has been in operations for over 25 years, my client is well-known in the Michigan Market with an excellent reputation in the Civil Construction Industry. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Civil Project Manager with immediate effect to take ownership of estimation for the construction team.
The Civil Construction Project Manager will play a key part in developing a structure to support the recruitment of future estimators and establish a firm estimation department for the company.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-throughs and site visits.
- Review bid requirements for projects ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Prepare takeoffs, work with subs and suppliers to secure competitive pricing.
- Identify, manage and maintain relationships with subcontractors, ensuring bids are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
- Develop and sustain working relationships with clients through direct communication.
- Properly turn over bid documents and sub/supplier buyout information to Project Manager in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
Civil Construction Project Manager will ideally have led teams in the past given the strong emphasis this role has on the development of a new team.
- 5+ years civil construction estimating experience - MDOT experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in a Construction Related Field
- Knowledge of HCSS software, Agtek 4D, and Sage Contractor is a plus
- Track record in estimating successful civil construction projects
- Have great organizational skills, and be able to handle complex responsibilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel.
- Ability to read blueprints and construction documents.
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of project management and accounting fundamentals relating to the construction industry
What's on Offer
- $90,000- $120,000 based on years of experience
- Health care benefit and 401k match
- Bonuses based on personal and company performance
- Car Allowance