- Opportunity for growth within a reputable GC
- Stable project pipeline
About Our Client
This North Jersey based commercial General Contractor was established over 30 years ago and has developed a very strong reputation in the area, building themselves from the ground up. They believe in valuing and advancing their employees' careers and forming positive relationships within the community.
The Estimator will:
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders, bid tabulations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports and the job costs system into unit cost, and crew production figures.
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings, prepares lists of bid items and quantities. Attends pre-bid meetings and meets with owner to determine scope of work.
- Recommends vendors and subcontractors for the project; discusses and obtains appropriate quotations in coordination with the Contracting Administrator.
- Interfaces with owner, architect/engineer and subcontractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility.
- Performs or coordinates quantity takeoff, assembles direct cost estimate and analyzes alternate construction methods to determine cost effectiveness.
- Assists in the research of and cost estimates for alternate construction methods.
- Reviews design options and recommends best solution based on cost, value engineering or availability of materials.
- Assists in tracking awarded contracts as assigned through review of cost reports and discussions with the Contracting Team.
- Supports Contracting Team by estimating extra work items and change orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned including policing jobsites to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe workplace.
- Develops an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent and/or Project Team for constructing the project and determines the means and methods necessary, including individual work activities, to meet project goals. Creates plan for delay free work operations.
- Communicates the planned means and methods to appropriate parties associated with the project to ensure understanding of goals and responsibilities.
- Ensures construction employed will maximize production, ensure quality, minimize costs and promote safety; monitors and interprets crew cost reports and crew cost factors.
- Monitors work to ensure that means and methods are followed and are effective; makes and communicates changes in means and methods, if necessary, to ensure project success and milestone
- Ensures that all means and methods will be in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and with client contract. May submit information regarding means and methods to owner when required by contract.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The Estimator should have:
- 3-5 years' of CIVIL/sitework estimating experience, a few years of Project Management experience as well
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- Ability to Multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Experience with NJDOT and Municipal work is preferred but not required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and analysis
- Valid driver's license required
What's on Offer
· Generous base salary, car allowance, and gas card
· Opportunity for company bonuses
· Excellent benefits, including healthcare and dental insurance
· Paid Time Off
· 401k company match
· Opportunity to lead a Preconstruction Team