Civil Project Manager/Estimator
Top 20 Minnesota Contractor looking to expand their estimating team
Competitive base salary, bonus, & benefits package with a good work/life balance
About Our Client
This firm is extremely well-established and has a large pipeline of projects for 2019. The work life balance is a priority for the leadership team. Company culture is extremely important and the leadership team is approachable and willing to work with their team with a hands on approach to ensure support, while maintaining an autonomous atmosphere.
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
- Submit timely questions for clarification during the bid process.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare qualified subcontractor lists.
- Solicit bids from a comprehensive set of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Confirm scope of work and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with change order pricing.
- Stay current with estimating methods and knowledge.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Excellent cost estimating skills on competitive hard bids and conceptual estimates.
- Strong analytical skills to predict a problem, not just a problem solver.
- Ability to identify risks.
- Work accurately under the pressure of bid day deadlines.
- Ability to accurately estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work while determining all portions of the work have been fully addressed in the final bid preparation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and utilize historic bid data for use on future bids.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit
What's on Offer
- 85-100 K
- Generous compensation package
- Great work/life balance
- Health benefits
- 3 Weeks PTO