- Opportunity to Work under Multi-Billion Dollar Company
- Excellent Tenure & Leadership Group throughout
About Our Client
Our client specializes in the construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of bridges, railroads and other civil structures. This company has an established reputation for excellence in the transportation construction industry, with an uncompromising pledge to achieve the highest standards of engineering and quality, and with the safety of our workforce and the traveling public our highest priority.
- Review bid requirements for projects ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Estimate set up and close out.
- Prepare takeoffs and work with Procurement department to secure vendor pricing.
- Identify, manage and maintain relationships with subcontractors, ensuring bids and work are completed in a timely manner
- Develop and sustain working relationships with clients through direct communication.
- Track and analyze project budget vs actual costs.
- Properly turn over bid documents and subcontractor buyout information to Project Management team in a timely manner.
- Review drawings and specifications with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, vendors, and customers and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collaborate with various levels of management on multiple projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- B.S Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Civil Construction Estimating and/or Construction Project Management experience including: highway construction, earthwork, underground utilities, pile driving, sheeting/shoring systems, and site grading preferred.
- Experience with Self Perform is required.
- Previous experience with HCSS Construction Software is a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
- Local travel to project sites is required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary ($120k - $160k) - experience based
- Generous Profit Sharing/Bonus Potential
- Health/Dental Insurance
- 401k Match
- Vehicle Allowance
- Generous PTO/Vacation