- Excellent healthcare benefits (opportunity to stay in the union)
- Profit Sharing, 401k and bonus potential
About Our Client
A highly successful commercial construction-services provider in Illinois. Founded in 1900, they provide General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build, Civil Construction, and Building Maintenance services. They specialize in healthcare, K12, light industrial, and other commercial construction. This specific Superintendent position would be overseeing Civil projects in Central IL. Highlights of the company include:
- Signatory to the union and can provide union benefits
- Profit sharing
- PTO on top of union PTO
- Bonus potential
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Provide daily planning, organization, leadership, mentorship and supervision to the construction project(s).
- Create a safe, clean, and productive environment on the jobsite
- Manage risk by ensuring compliance with OSHA safety regulations and all safety processes, procedures, site-specific safety plans, daily safety audits and inspections, Let's Talk Safety, discipline, enforcement, coordination with Safety Consultant, and safety metrics.
- Through deep understanding, lead and coach trade partners through Pull Plans, Weekly Work Plans, Daily Huddles and other regular onsite, planning meetings via the Last Planner System.
- Build and continually reinforce a positive, healthy and respectful team culture.
- Manage trade partners and resources. Coordinate and track project tools and equipment.
- Understand contractual requirements for each project - Partner, Expert, Specialist.
- Coordination champion, initiate daily communication with the project manager, trade partners, and/or architect/engineer on jobsite related issues.
- Effectively communicate with external and internal team members, trade partners, clients, and others involved on matters pertaining to schedules, milestones, action dates, and costs.
- Review subcontractors' daily reports and complete project daily progress reports.
- Manage project schedules and subcontractor sequencing, taking ownership for overall production.
- Oversee time, material invoices and subcontractor change orders.
- Manage field and trade partner's work ensuring safe, on-schedule, high quality deliverables and holding to set milestones.
- Maintain procurement log as a toll for alignment with project schedule.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of trade partner change orders, RFIs, submittals, permits, cost coding, job closeout and job warranty.
- Lead quality control plans through project audits, and a thorough understanding of specification requirements.
- Adhere to building plans, specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Inspect jobsite daily to identify any safety or construction issues.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years of construction experience, specifically in the Civil space
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Track record of proven leadership and teamwork within a diverse stakeholder environment.
- Expert knowledge of standard practices in Construction Management Codes and best practices.
- 30-Hour OSHA training certification and solid understanding of construction/OSHA-related laws and regulations.
- CPR, First Aid
- Must be fluent in English.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Benefits that are in line with union benefit cost
- Multiple ways to earn a bonus
- 401K match (4%)
- Profit Sharing
- Performance reviews
- Maternity leave/Paternity leave
- Cell phone
- Casual work environment