Commercial Construction Estimator
Looking for a high energy estimator with High-End Interiors Experience!
Texas based General Contractor with a strong and growing project pipeline!
About Our Client
This company is known for its extensive national reach and high-profile projects in various sectors from corporate interiors, healthcare, industrial office, data & technology centers, and showrooms with projects ranging from $2MM to $20MM. They are growing in huge demand in the DFW market, which is why they are looking to add an estimator to their high energy team
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team
- Has the ability to develop business with new and existing Customers
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ Years of Estimating Experience
- Strong ability to analyze numerical information and construction plans and drawings with the purpose of determining project requirements and budget.
- High level of detail orientation, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills with work teams, project managers, vendors, clients, building owners, and senior management.
- Track record of focus and emphasis on quality.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Bluebeam, Plan Grid, Primavera 6, BIM
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary.
- Bonuses based on merit and profit.
- 401K matched 4%
- 2 Week PTO and 5 sick days
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Relocation Package if Necessary