Commercial Construction Estimator
DFW based General Contractor with a continuously growing project pipeline!
Provides the opportunity to work on negotiated AND hard bids!!
About Our Client
This firm is a general contractor that specializes in both ground-up and renovation projects across a wide range of industries, including restaurants, retail, health care, and government. This company focuses on high-quality construction with constant attention to safety and sustainability. Much of the current work is repeat business with loyal clients who the firm has done an excellent job for in the past. If you are looking for a high-quality contractor with excellent benefits and a top-notch work environment, this is for you.
- Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility level documentation
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate updates, as the design evolves, including preparing variance summaries between estimates
- Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost
- Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages
- Must have experience writing and negotiating subcontracts
- Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the Customer / Owner
- Willingness and desire to actively participate in Value Engineering sessions with the project team and design team
- Has the ability to develop business with new and existing Customers
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ Years of Estimating Experience
- Strong ability to analyze numerical information and construction plans and drawings with the purpose of determining project requirements and budget.
- High level of detail orientation, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills with work teams, project managers, vendors, clients, building owners, and senior management.
- Track record of focus and emphasis on quality.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, Bluebeam, Plan Grid, Primavera 6, BIM
What's on Offer
For an exceptional Construction Estimator our client would be willing to provide an excellent base salary, benefits and an outstanding bonus system. This is an opportunity to join a fantastic business with a brilliant reputation. All applications shall be handled with confidence so please feel free to reach out.