Commercial Construction Project Engineer
Established Commercial General Contractor with a strong pipeline in 2018
Looking for a Project Engineer to join their team
About Our Client
The client is a established DFW-based general contractor with a pipeline of diverse commercial projects. They are looking for a strong Project Engineer that is looking for a long term opportunity with great room for growth within the company.
The Ground Up Commercial Construction Project Engineer will work with the Project Manager to own and manage all aspects of projects to include client relationships, schedules, budgets, and profitability through comprehensive project completion. As the Ground Up Project Engineer, you will collaborate with the Superintendent to develop, refine, and update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked. Select Responsibilities:
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with subcontractors to assess project progress, schedule, changes and deliveries
- Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project specific issues
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the Prime Contract, all subcontracts, the drawings, and specifications
- Enforce safety protocols to ensure job site consistently meets or exceeds OSHA safety standards
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, and submittal lots.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, superintendents and project coordinators to ensure progress toward the common goal is achieved
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Construction Project Engineer will have the following:
- 0-2 years' experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Mandatory Bachelors Degree in Construction Science or Construction Management
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Superintendent
- Local to the DFW Area
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills.
- Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid vacation