- Fully involved leadership team that are passionate about recreating Detroit
- Huge growth potential and exciting project portfolio at one of Detroit's top GCs
About Our Client
Reputable General Contractor located in Detroit, Michigan - primary focus on multifamily, commercial, and industrial construction projects. Due to a strong pipeline, they are immediately seeking the appointment of an experienced and driven construction project engineer to lead multiple projects across Michigan with the project manager.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities of the Construction Project Engineer:
- Assist Project Manager in all phases of construction
- Writes RFI's, submits for approval and distributes accordingly.
- Reviews and understands the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Work with owner/client to provide updates, obtain approvals and complete change orders for scope of work revisions
- Assists with documenting changes; maintains project records, red line transfers and correspondence.
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with OSHA
- Monitor project costs to stay within budget
The Successful Applicant
The successful Construction Project Engineer candidate will have:
- 1-4 years of experience working in commercial construction
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field
- Manage administrative construction duties, including document control
- Prepare submittal schedules for approval and distribution
- Assist the Project Manager with change orders, subcontractor scheduling and invoicing, reviewing monthly job costs
- Assist the Superintendent with RFI reports, QA/QC documentation, and construction field operations
- Assist with preconstruction tasks, including estimating and quantification
- Collect and log closeout documents and punch lists
What's on Offer
What is on offer to the Construction Project Engineer:
- Base salary of between $70,000 and $90,000 dependent on applicant experience
- Additional performance-related bonus scheme
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Generous benefits package (health, dental, vision etc.)
- Competitive 401K contributions
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Competitive PTO (over 20 days total)
- Clearly defined career progression / Team management opportunity if strong performance well
Apply using the link provided to have resume considered within 24 hours.