Commercial Construction Senior Estimator
Mid-Sized Austin-Based General Contractor with a large diversified pipeline
Looking for a Sr Estimator with experience estimating Commercial Projects $50MM+
About Our Client
A highly respected general contracting and construction management firm serving Central Texas clients with commercial interior and ground-up development in high rise, retail, and healthcare environments. The team delivers successful projects in sustainable construction with unmatched consistency, exceptional expertise, extraordinary quality, and unparalleled customer service.
- Manage project bid startup including review and analysis of all drawings and RFP specifications, set up of master template, and staff/team communication.
- Scope project and create list of subcontractors, trades, materials needed. Write scope sheets.
- Create and send bid invitation to, and obtain bids from, subcontractors, subcontractor competition, specialty trades, and supply houses.
- Negotiate price and confirm subcontractor participation.
- Create estimate template incorporating TBG and client SOVs, and manage SOV review.
- Maintain project correspondence, documentation, and revisions.
- Provide recap to senior management and sales including preliminary costs vs. hard bid costs, competition, schedule, cost spread, and subcontractor risk.
- Respond to RFPs following TBG checklist.
- Manage project startup process including handoff meeting, drawing log, contractor and subcontractor notification, project management sub-list, printed plans, permits, and follow-up on builder's risk quote and bonds.
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- 10-15 Years of Commercial Estimating Experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful construction estimating on projects of $50,000,000 or more.
- Strong ability to analyze numerical information and construction plans and drawings with the purpose of determining project requirements and budget.
- High level of detail orientation, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills with work teams, project managers, vendors, clients, building owners, and senior management.
- Track record of focus and emphasis on quality.
- Strong computer skills including MS Excel, iSqFt, and On Screen Take Off.
What's on Offer
- A very competitive base salary
- Bonus Incentives
- Truck Allowance and Gas Card
- 401K, medical/dental/vision plan
- Great work/life balance and company culture