Commercial Construction Superintendent
Long term opportunity
Strong growing portfolio
About Our Client
A highly reputable general contractor that focuses on the development of its employees, career growth, leadership opportunities. This general contractor has a growing portfolio and is excited to bring on a few additional people to the team including a Superintendent with at least 5 years of experience.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Thorough knowledge of contract documents required to properly plan construction sequencing, staffing and subcontractor coordination.
- Coordinate with Preconstruction Services during the preparation of estimates, buyout regarding methods, systems, schedule and general conditions.
- Delegate and monitor team members with various tasks at start and throughout all phases of project.
- Monitor the development of the project expediting log and update status weekly with project staff. Update project schedule procurement activities accordingly.
- Create and execute project pre-planning activities with subcontractors to ensure coordinated efforts.
- Coordinate subcontractors, architects, inspectors and suppliers to resolve any problems with materials or methods.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Document onsite activities in the daily report, including verbal directives, delays progress photos, weather conditions and onsite manpower.
- Develop the detailed construction phase schedule for the project and update weekly to ensure critical path activities and milestones are being achieved. Develop recovery plans to mitigate any delays to the critical path of the project.
- Establish and maintain an effective and professional onsite working relationship with Owner, Architects, Consulting Engineers and other parties related to the project.
- Enforce a safe work environment, practices and culture on the project.
- Assist in the planning and monitoring of the quality control program.
The Successful Applicant
Construction Superintendent must have the following:
- GROUND UP CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Commercial Construction experience- Retail, shopping plazas, office, etc
- 5+ years of experience in the construction industry
- Open to learning and hungry to be successful. This is a more junior role with the understanding that the individual is on a fast track to fully running large projects in the near future.
- Strong mathematical and computer aptitude is also necessary.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salaries, benefits package, car allowance, and bonus potential
- Flexibility and work-life balance
- Employee-centric environment