- Opportunity as Super with top Metro Detroit GC, strong multi-year pipeline
- $100,000-$120,000+ base, vehicle allowance, sign on bonus, and great PTO policy
About Our Client
Our client is a developer/general contractor headquartered in Michigan with construction projects throughout the midwest and Metro Detroit. As a large, well-established company, their commitment to employee success is excellent. They are looking for a strong Commercial Construction Superintendent to grow and develop with their resources and expertise.
The key responsiblities of the Commercial Construction Superintendent are:
- Coordinate the work of all construction subtrades in conjunction with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor and be present for agency inspections.
- Read and comprehend information contained in architectural, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and landscape drawings and specifications.
- Review shop drawings and other report prepared by testing and inspection agencies * Prepare and monitor RFI's.
- Prepare daily report forms, and progress photographs.
- Working knowledge familiarity with computer operating systems including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel; and opening, preparing, scanning, printing, and sending PDF files and other documents.
- Actively engage design professionals, subcontractors, project managers and local officials, when needed, to problem solve, mitigate conflicts, and resolve disputes.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly jobsite; and enforce jobsite safety standards.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Construction Superintendent will have:
- 10+ year's experience in large scale commercial ground up construction (Luxury retail construction experience a plus)
- Complete understanding of the construction process
- Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors and clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a variety of tasks to complete projects on time
What's on Offer
On offer for the Commercial Construction Superintendent is:
- $100,000 - $130,000 base salary
- Vehicle allowance or company truck
- Per project bonus plan
- Paid paternity/maternity leave
- Sign on bonus
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects
- Clear progression goals
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Excellent reputation in the industry
- Full Health benefits and 401K, Paid 4 weeks vacation and 11 federal holidays