- Extensive Pipeline of Projects
- Competitive Salary, Opportunities for Growth
About Our Client
This client specializes in commercial construction throughout the greater Los Angeles area. The team values collaboration, leading with integrity and employee satisfaction. The team is looking to bring on an Estimator various commercial construction experience.
- Coordinates with Project Manager to provide cost and value management during design.
- Presents all estimates and value added alternates to the owner and the design team.
- Interfaces with Project Manager, Superintendent and the Scheduler to produce and maintain a detailed pre-construction schedule and a schematic construction schedule.
- Examines and analyzes estimates, schedules and constructability reviews for accuracy and sufficiency.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager and Superintendent to provide Constructability Reviews during all phases of design.
- Coordinates the development and presentation of conceptual and detailed estimates to the owner and architect.
- Coordinates with Estimating the involvement of subcontractors and suppliers during preconstruction.
- Identifies any direct long lead items during design and assist with the development a procurement strategy for the long lead items.
- Works in support of the project team during the procurement of subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Works with estimating staff to prepare detailed, quantity and cost take-offs for assigned segments of the project.
- Ensures that drawings are made available in a timely manner and in sufficient numbers to facilitate the estimate.
- Actively participates in all design meetings with owners and architects during development of the design and provides feedback directly to owners and architects during the design process to enhance the cost, schedule, quality, and constructability of a project.
- Develops and maintain strong subcontractor and supplier relationships.
- Reviews owner blueprints and drawings for both negotiated and bid construction projects; identifying the scope of the work to be performed.
- Attends initial meetings with owners and architects to discuss the budget plan
- Ensures that all construction issues concerning the projects are fully clarified before the estimating process begins
- Generates cost data received by subcontractors for estimators and examines data received for accuracy of content before completing the final bid estimate
- Works with architects and owners in a value-engineering role when preliminary cost estimates exceed the owner's expected budget Assists in providing architectural pricing the alternatives that offers the greatest opportunity for cost savings
- Comprehensive understanding of labor, equipment, and material rates
- Has a solid knowledge and understanding of costs to prepare conceptual estimates
- Adept at quickly learning new software, related to drafting, modeling, estimating, and scheduling
- Strong knowledge and understanding of design development estimating
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications Working knowledge of construction drawings, costs and principles
- Detailed Estimating experience and adept at OSTO or Bluebeam Quantity take-off PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Establishes personal development program to build professional and managerial skills Initiates suggestions for company-wide process improvements
- Research and maintain technological excellence in company work environment.
- Reads local and national business and relevant construction trade publications
- Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by the annual performance assessments
- Effectively communicate his or her understanding of the projects and the scope of work with internal teams as well as with project owner and design team for success.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of 5+ years of diversified estimating and construction experience
- 4 year Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or similar.
- Must be professional and polished with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Is proficient in modern builder software and Microsoft Office products
What's on Offer
- Premium PPO health care coverage
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Company technology (cell phone and computer)
- Gas card and vehicle allowance
- Bonus package