- A reputable company with a strong pipeline into 2023 in Columbus, Ohio.
- Qualified applicants reviewed within 24 hours
About Our Client
Our client has over 30 years of experience building world-class facilities for both commercial and industrial clients. They offer expertise within the fields of pre-construction, construction management, general contracting, closeout, and commissioning. Their team has worked on some of the most technically challenging construction projects. Due to a strong pipeline, they are looking to add a key member to their leadership team in the form of a Project Manager. This company specializes in industrial and commercial ground up builds and renovations.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Contract or oversee craftwork, such as painting or plumbing.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Perform, or contract others to perform, pre-building assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
- Develop or implement environmental protection programs.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine the cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer models.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or a related field preferred
- 4 + years of experience as a Construction Project Manager
- Commercial AND Industrial experience preferred
- Tech savvy individual (experience with Procore a plus)
- Ability to read blueprints and other construction drawings
- Strong work ethic who can lead a team
- Team oriented mentality
What's on Offer
- Salary commensurate of years of experience
- Lucrative bonus package based on company profit and project margins
- Continuous learning and development programs
- Growth opportunities within company
- Comprehensive benefits including health/dental/vision
- 401k with employer match
- 2-3 weeks of paid time off
- Company paid holidays
- Car allowance/Gas Card
- Travel expenses covered
- Cell phone/Laptop
- Positive company culture
- Employee outings