Commercial Real Estate & Litigation Assistant
Flexible Work Options
Competitive Salary + benefits package
About Our Client
- Founded in 1856, the firm provides a full range of legal and professional services for clients across New York state, as well as nationally and internationally. This firm is among the country's top law firms as ranked by The National Law Journal and is among the 2017 BTI Elite law firms.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Answering attorneys' direct phone lines
- Processing and monitoring attorney expense reimbursements
- Coordinating attorney travel arrangements and calendaring meetings and travel
- Misc filing and organizing documents in our document management system
- Entering contacts into the firm's contact database InterAction
- Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents such as RJIs, deposition transcripts, briefs, affidavits, legal backs, etc.; proofread and ensure quality of legal documents.
- Assist with documents for purchase and sale agreements, zoning and development approvals
- Coordinating with reception to schedule meetings on the calendar and to order food for meetings
- Entering time for attorneys in the firm's time and billing software
- Light personal admin assistance such as health insurance forms, making appointments, reservations
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2+ years' experience as an administrative assistant in commercial real estate.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of all Microsoft Office
- Pleasant phone manner and communication skills.
- Experience working with local (i.e. Nassau and Suffolk), state, federal, and appellate courts and agencies preferred.
- Familiarity with CourtSupport, NetDocuments, Chrome River, and/or Carpe Diem.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Highly reliable and dependable; flexible and able to work against deadlines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and demonstrate high degree of discretion
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills; strong ability to multi-task
- Must have can-do attitude and be a team player
What's on Offer
Flexible Work Options + Competitive Compensation Package