- Close knit team of employees
- Learning opportunities within a growing company
About Our Client
Houston-based real estate investment and development company with a long-standing track record of creating substantial value through the acquisition, development, and management of office, industrial, land, single-family, and multifamily assets.
- Draft, negotiate, and finalize Master Service Agreements and other contracts with MDI consultants and contractors, conferring with MDI in-house counsel as appropriate
- Manage timing of above so agreements are in place to support construction schedules
- Maintain log of finalized contracts and log of contract deviations from standard terms
- Under the direction of the lead attorney, researches law, investigates facts, and prepares documents to assist the attorney by performing a variety of legal support duties
- Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes
- Prepare legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts, initial and amended articles of incorporations, deeds, and trust instruments for review, approval, and use by attorney
- Investigate facts and law of case to determine causes of action to prepare case accordingly
- Perform other secretarial duties such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, taking dictation, composing and typing routine correspondence, and reading and routing incoming mail
- Prepare affidavits of documents and maintain document file
- Ensure proper indexing and filing of original legal documents
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
3+ years of commercial real estate experience with legal research, drafting and preparing legal documents (pleadings, affidavits), e-filing, and litigation management. The candidate has to be sharp, well-polished, and very detail oriented.
What's on Offer
Collegial environment of talented professionals
Stable and well-funded company
Dental and Vision Plan
401(K) *Upon Eligibility*