- Participate as well as lead projects
- Clearly defined career growth path
About Our Client
Globally operating, packaging manufacturer
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Commodity Manager is responsible for partnering with Sales, Operations, and Category Managers to develop strategies for product supply, drive RFx activities and manage strategic programs. These strategic programs may include developing sourcing plans in support of new product development initiatives, driving cross-functional activities for large scale VAVE initiatives, and re-sourcing high SKU complexity suppliers or commodities. The Commodity Manager- Finished Products will work with the Category Managers to define cost/delivery/quality improvement project objectives and manage the projects against plan to ensure commitments are met. This role will focus on finished packaging products such as plastic films, fabrics, woven material, straps & tapes, insulation, injection molded products, etc. Annual spend is approximately $80M+.
Other resposibilities include:
- Support/lead sourcing projects in tandem with Category Managers to drive improvements in cost/delivery/quality
- Prepare supplier selection recommendations - including RFQ process, supplier evaluation and communication, and participation in sourcing decisions.
- Manage sourcing activities for New Product Development programs to ensure suppliers are engaged to support prototype and pilot build activities
- Interface with Category Managers, Operations, Engineering, and Sales/Marketing to ensure project tasks are completed and milestones met
- Drive VAVE initiatives, including supplier pre-award reviews, development milestones, and PPAP approval processes
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years of experience in Sourcing or a related discipline.
- Purchasing or Sourcing consulting background preferred
- Demonstrated project management success and broad knowledge of project management tool set
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, Access or other database technologies with an ability to calculate summary, financial, and/or statistical data
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively to multiple global stakeholders.
- Experience in multi-national, global operations preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-lingual proficiency preferred, English fluency required
- Ability to travel domestically (up to 15%).
What's on Offer
Attractive salary and benefits package.