- 6 months with the potential for permanency!
- Must be located in NYC or DC areas
About Our Client
Nonprofit | Legal
- Provide administrative support to the Communications Department and liaise with Finance Department, ensuring that the Communications Department adheres to procedures and requirements
- Support the Director of Marketing & Communications with requests and projects
- Develope initial drafts of materials, including press releases, media advisories, press pitches, and talking points for media interviews
- Create and manage comprehensive media database of journalists
- Schedule and coordinate media interviews
- Create onboarding materials and meet with new staff about internal processes, software, cross-department overlap, etc.
- Post content to websites and social media properties, distribute press releases, and monitor online activity related to LDF and its work
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Completed Bachelor's Degree
- 1-2+ years of experience in marketing and communications from either a marketing agency, non profit organization, or law firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work alongside a small and growing team
- Strongly proficient using social media platforms and MS office
- Must be able to commit to a 6 month contract
- Ability to work on a hybrid schedule in NYC or DC
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Interest in civil/human rights
What's on Offer
Contract opportunity with the potential for longevity based on performance