Compliance Officer - HIPAA
Great opportunity for a leadership role
Excellent career growth
About Our Client
Our client is an a healthcare management service organization that provides solutions to help those in the industry evolve with it.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Implement appropriate Policies and Procedures to ensure compliance with all regulatory, legal, and other obligations (e.g., FCA, Stark, Anti-kickback)
- Develop and maintain compliance plans and evolve the compliance function to meet ongoing needs and priorities(e.g., new hire training for HIPAA, health and safety, OSHA, etc.)
- Serve as the HIPAA privary officer and oversee related compliance and monitoring activities
- Implement privacy audit program, maintain a system to track and report disclosures and violations
- Conduct compliance assessment of potential and new acquisitions.
- Responsibile for assess the current state of incoming practices, evaluate, and update as needed
- Comunnicate to medicial group and MSO management all legal, healthcare, legislative, and regulatory developments relevant to the company's business and practices its supports.
- Travel is required
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in M&A of physician practices
- Minimum 5 plus years related experience in healthcare compliance
- In depth understanding of applicable legal, regulatory and compliance matters
- Must have knowledge of Corrective and Preventive Action Plan (CAPA), insurance products, healthcare law, and clinical practice
- Ability to manage a team
- Willing and able to travel
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive salary package.