Seeking Engineer with experience in PCB design and obsolescence management
Great company to work for with opportunity for growth!
About Our Client
Our client is a well established global electronics manufacturing company headquartered in RI. They manufacture electronic devices that are supplied to different markets with their main industry being Aerospace.
The Component Engineer will source and qualify components used to manufacture the company's technology, acting as the key Engineer between suppliers and the development team.
- Serve as the technical interface between component suppliers and product development team
- Management of material and component obsolescence/life-cycle issues
- Support the development and design team on new parts necessary
- Work on component selection based on cost, quality, and reliability
- Work cross-functionally with several team members to determine alternate sources
- Maintain system and qualification records and documentation
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline; preference for Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of hand-on professional experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with electronics. printed circuit board (PCB) design, and obsolescence management
- A collaborative mindset, a flexible and friendly approach to working in teams
- Familiarity of Lean principles preferred
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.