Concrete Estimator (Construction)
Career growth opportunity with an established Michigan Contractor
Competitive Compensation Packages (full benefits are paid for)
About Our Client
A three-peat winner of the Detroit Free Press Top Workplace, our client has established themselves as a go-to contractor for all types of work. Established in the early 1900's our client has grown from a strictly automotive company into a full service contractor offer services that covering everything from concrete to ground-up construction.
- Read and comprehend contract specifications and drawings, assess project risks.
- Perform accurate detailed take off of quantities from drawings utilizing take off software.
- Calculate labor, equipment and materials costs required for detailed cost estimate.
- Create unit price cost estimate utilizing software programs.
- Communicate and solicit pricing from suppliers and subcontractors as required for bidding. Prepare bid packages.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Provide pre-bid cost budgets.
- Work with project management staff with both bid hand-off and ongoing construction change order costing.
- Develop progress schedules associated with bid activities.
- Analysis job cost information.
- Attend industry and client meetings and visit job sites.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field
- A minimum five years experience estimating concrete projects
- Technologically Savvy: Software proficient
- Experience with large scale projects - $50M+
- Motivated team players that wants to grow a business
- Large commercial and/or industrial experience
What's on Offer
- Lucrative Compensation Package (full benefits provided)
- Bonus Opportunity and Vehicle Allowance
- Award Winning Culture
- Career Growth Opportunity
- Stable Work - One of the most established contractors in MI