- Top 100 ENR Frim
- Remote Work Offered - 3 Days a Week From Home
About Our Client
Our client is a top 100 ENR firm offering work from home 3 days a week. They are seeking a Concrete Estimator to operate in the self-perform division. They have an office in Boston and you will be asked to come in twice a week.
- Perform in the Lead Concrete Estimator role.
- Receive bid documents; distribute plans, specifications and all other pertinent documents to trade partners and vendors.
- Read and understand bid documents, bid instructions, detailed specifications, and drawings.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site walks.
- Perform a review of the documents for design and constructability issues.
- Submit RFIs for missing design information required to estimate the assigned scope.
- Prepare scopes of work subcontractor and vendor pricing.
- Evaluate subcontractor and vendor proposals relative to their scope of work.
- Oversee subcontractor and vendor buyout process with project managers.
- Meet with formwork suppliers, determine most cost effective formwork solutions and cycles
- Prepare clear, complete quantity take-offs for all assigned scope of work.
- Produce price estimate of all necessary labor, material, buy out items, equipment and transportation costs.
- Prepare Pricing, Bids and Proposals for different contract types (competitively bid lump sum, guaranteed maximum price, cost plus, etc.)
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience with projects up to $10M preferred
- 5+ years experience preferred
- Experience in concrete estimating - required
- Leadership ability, self-starter
- Familiarity with Estimating softwares
- Must be able to commmute to Boston 2 days a week
What's on Offer
- Strong Base Salary
- Strong benefits
- Bonus & profit share
- 3-4 weeks PTO based on experience
- Hybrid work - remote 3 days a week