- Reputable, mid-sized general contractor with successful track record.
- High base salary, bonus potential, room to grow within company.
About Our Client
Our client is a full-service General Contractor/Construction Manager that has been in business for 20+ years. This company, which is experiencing rapid growth, is renowned in the Florida area. Team members are valued beyond the projects, which contributes to the strong company culture. Our client is currently seeking a motivated Assistant Project Manager to join their growing team who is looking to grow with the business.
- Assist Project Manager and PE in the construction of large projects to ensure projects are built safely, on time and on budget.
- Assist in all phases of construction from planning to implementation
- Read and interpret architectural drawings and plans.
- Review and maintain project data in our construction management system
- Prepare RFIs and Submittals.
- Develop subcontract & purchase order scopes of work.
- Identify, price, and perform bid comparisons and assist in the buyout process.
- Assist with permits, change order, and close out processes.
- Liaise with owners, subcontractors, vendors, architects, engineers, inspectors, city and county officials. Participate in planning meetings. Prepare and publish minutes.
- Participate in the marketing and estimating processes.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Construction Management, Mechanical, Civil, Structural or Electrical Engineering degree (preferred).
- Candidates with 0 - 5 years experience as Assistant Project Manager, Junior Superintendent, or Junior Estimator.
- Construction Management, Mechanical, Civil, Structural or Electrical Engineering degree preferred.
- Read and interpret architectural drawings, plans and specifications.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills. Must be willing to initiate and respond to phone calls. Must be willing to speak with owners, subcontractors, vendors, architects, engineers.
- Collaborate effectively as part of a team.
- Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor.
What's on Offer
The Construction Project Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off/personal days/sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available