- Career Growth
- Room for expansion
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the construction of commercial interiors in Downtown Boston. They've been operating successfully for the last 15 years and have grown their team to more than 60 employees over the last few years. They offer excellent development and growth opportunities, with many of their leadership team growing to their position within the last 5 years. They are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join their team and support a number of projects within the area.
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing day-to-day project activities. Under the supervision of a Project Manager he/she is responsible for analyzing, monitoring, and preparing cost exposure reports and cash flow projections, maintaining comprehensive budgets, monitoring and maintaining schedules;
- Manages daily staff assignments and participates in monthly staff meetings;
- Participates in all project meetings, takes meeting minutes and distributes to all project team members in a timely fashion;
- Assists in the preparation of all RFP/bid packages and managing the bid process
- Responsible for solicitation, evaluation and selection of the architect, other sub-consultants and the contractor/s;
- During the design management process, assists in the preparation of estimates and value engineering analysis, peer reviews.
- Processes all submittals, requests for information, shop drawings, substitution requests, change proposals and change orders;
- Assists in the preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports that discuss, in detail, the status of the project.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Assistant Project Manager will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related
- 2-5 years' experience preferred
- Experience working in Commercial Construction (ideally interiors but not required)
- Strong communication, leadership and team building skills
- MS Office skills required, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Apply for immediate consideration!
What's on Offer
The Assistant Project Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive health benefits including 100% paid health
- 2 weeks PTO
- Flex working schedules
- Laid back office culture
- Career development - opportunity to advance quickly