- Growing firm with extensive opportunity for career advancement
- Opportunity to work on Multi-Million Dollar Projects
About Our Client
Our client is a National Contractor located in Twin Cities working on numerous high profile projects. the Director of the large project division is looking to hire a new Assistant Project Manager immediately. This candidate will have the opportunity to grow from within while receiving excellent training and development with hopes of climbing to new and greater heights within the firm.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Assist Project Manager in all phases of construction
- Writes RFI's, submits for approval and distributes accordingly.
- Reviews and understands the subcontract documents as they apply to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Notifies management of significant project events such as project successes, issues, injuries, client relations, potential losses/claims
- Work with owner/client to provide updates, obtain approvals and complete change orders for scope of work revisions
- Assists with documenting changes; maintains project records, red line transfers and correspondence.
- Ensure all work is done in compliance with OSHA
- Monitor project costs to stay within budget
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years of experience working in commercial construction
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field preferred
- Manage administrative construction duties, including document control
- Prepare submittal schedules for approval and distribution
- Assist the Superintendent with RFI reports, QA/QC documentation, and construction field operations
- Assist with pre-construction tasks, including estimating and quantification
- Collect and log closeout documents and punch lists
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- High bonus potential
- Opportunity to work on high profile opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401(k) with match
- Excellent company culture with high employee retention
- Maternity / Paternity leave
- Excellent training and development