- Self-perform estimator role with top GC offering chance to bid prestigious work
- $70k-$110k salary with world-class benefits package
About Our Client
Founded in 1920s our clients's success can be attributed to our strong commitment to our core values that have been foundational to our organization since day one.
Because of our authentic attachment to principles and our ability to form long-lasting relationships, our client has grown into metro Detroit's most trusted and preferred full-service contractor. They're involved with a diverse number of projects nationwide. They offer candidates a safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for their contributions. At every stage of your career our client will provide career planning, development & growth through an industry-leading training programs.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsiblities of the Concrete Estimator are:
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Ability to develop and understand scope requirements and to issue subcontracts for heavy industrial "supporting" trades such as boilermaker, steel, concrete, piping and electrical work.
- Effectively delegate, manage tasks and oversee estimates.
- Identify competitive edge strategies and follow through to project award.
- Develop a project schedule from bid document information.
- Prepares cost estimates and bid documents for construction projects or services that are used by management in preparation of the bidding process.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of estimate and proposals.
- Provide complete conceptual (or bid work) and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Price general conditions and manpower projections.
- Write proper scopes of work during bidding phase and upon award, engage in Subcontractor Proposal Review meetings, with ultimate responsibility of final evaluation and negotiation of Subcontracts.
- Obtain and evaluate comparative quotations for materials and sub-contractor services.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of contract structure, business law, insurance and bonding issues.
- Experience bidding Open, Closed and Merit shop work.
- Solid communicate skills.
- Schedule, run and effectively document meetings.
- Identify, review and communicate contractual requirements (Risk Factors, Schedule, Insurance, Bonding, Penalties, etc.) with supervisors and develop an action plan for the estimate and project construction.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Concrete Estimator applicant will have:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent experience and training) with related college degree preferred.
- 2 or more years successfully estimating in Self Perform project experience, Light/Heavy Industrial project experience or Commercial project experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer application skills (Excel, Word, AutoCAD, MPP, Suretrak, etc.)
What's on Offer
On offer for the Concrete Estimator is:
- $70,000 - $110,000+ base salary dependent on experience
- Bonus up to 20% of base salary
- Fully employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employer 401k match
- Company Vehicle or car allowance + mileage reimbersement
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- 4 Weeks PTO
- Flexible work environment