Growing real estate developer
Opportunity to lead the finance function
About Our Client
Having been in business for 15 years, this company is a fully integrated real estate developer focusing on the luxury multifamily market in Chicago. Having had a record breaking last 5 years, they show no signs of slowing down. Doing both the development and construction on projects, this is an interesting opportunity for someone with construction accounting experience to get involved in some very varied work.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Within this position, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Project Accounting (typically looking after 3-5 projects at one time with values up to $10m)
- Corporate Accounting
- Perform all activities related to the corporate accounting function, including timely and accurate financial reporting
- Prepare WIP, backlog and cost to complete schedules; provide cash flow projections for projects
- Oversee the company's cash management systems and processes, including online banking, wire transfers, bank reconciliations, credit card and discount programs
- Develop understanding of job cost system and project accounting function
The Successful Applicant
- To be considered for this position, candidates are required to have construction Project Accounting experience.
- In addition, candidates are required to have Quickbooks system experience.
What's on Offer
- A competitive base salary
- Great benefits, including a generous healthcare and PTO plan.
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company as they continue their expansion across the US