- Career Growth Opportunity
- Be part of a well-established construction team
About Our Client
Our client has over 50 years of experience building world-class facilities for both commercial and industrial clients. They offer expertise within the fields of pre-construction, construction management, general contracting, closeout, and commissioning. Their team has worked on some of the most technically challenging construction projects. Due to a strong amount of repeat business, they are looking to add a key member to their preconstruction team in the form of a Construction Estimator.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography, and availability of services such as water and electricity.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or a related field preferred
* Ground-up commercial or industrial construction experience required
* 5-20+ years of experience as a Construction Estimator
* Average project size of $15M+
What's on Offer
Base salary ranging from $80,000 - $100,000 depending on experience
* Potential for large bonuses and partial ownership in projects
* Competitive employer 401k match
* Fully employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
* Flexible hours, Competitive PTO policy
* Paths to senior leadership
* Diverse portfolio of projects and a strong pipeline