Construction Estimator - Commercial GC - Rhode Island
Opportunity to take over Estimating Department
Competitive base salary + 100% covered health + Excellent 401K Program
About Our Client
This Rhode Island based General Contractor has been in business for 30+ years and have established themselves as a leader in the RI construction market. They are a smaller, family-owned business with annual revenue of $20M-$30M. They offer a diverse project portfolio across public/government work, corporate commercial, and historical renovations valued up to $25M. They offer a laid back office environment, flexible working schedule, and are looking to bring on an Estimator to eventually take over the department.
As the Estimator, you will be responsible for:
- Determine bid work feasibility.
- Keep updated on pricing and technology.
- Cost evaluation.
- Assist with preparation of general contracting proposals, participate in presentations, and responsible for closing sales.
- Put together bid package and compile analysis relative to bid work.
- Review final estimate packages.
- Coordinate the project cost estimating process with project staff.
- Calculate material quantity requirements.
- Establish relationships with subcontractors, material suppliers and other industry professionals.
- Meet trade bid requirements.
- Ability to provide both conceptual estimates of cost and detailed line item budgeting for projects in various stages of development and design.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Building Construction Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of construction experience
- 3+ years of estimating required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects
- Strong computer systems knowledge
- Ability to manage client relationship and customer service skills
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- 100% covered health benefits
- Excellent 401K program
- 2 weeks PTO
- Opportunity to manage Estimating department