Construction Estimator - Excavation Contractor
Pipeline of Projects into 2022
HIRING DURING COVID
About Our Client
This 40 year old, family-owned excavating company specializes in civil earthmoving, mass grading, and specialized excavating. They have been built on repeat business due to competitive pricing, skilled employees, industry leading technology and superior customer service.
The estimator will:
- Gather, calculate, and analyze data and information from engineering plans and specifications to use in preparing an overall project cost estimate in cooperation with CEO and Management Team members.
- Review project specifications, drawings, site conditions, and attend pre-construction meetings to understand the scope of work and required contents of cost estimates.
- Solicit sub-bids and prepare scopes of work with suppliers and subcontractors. Analyze subcontractor quotes during the bid process.
- Responsible for advanced quantity surveys necessary for original estimates and change orders, as well as monthly progress invoicing.
- Attend progress meetings as directed with engineer and/or owner to gather and disseminate information regarding projects.
- Collect and prepare historical cost analysis.
- Foster positive internal relationships with project teams.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with owner, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Learn additional functions as needed to advance within the company.
- Capability of preparing 3D GPS designs for GPS machine control is an advantage.
The Successful Applicant
The qualified Estimator will have:
- BS degree in civil engineering or construction management, or equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum experience estimating civil engineering mass grading projects
- Preferred software includes: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center, or Terramodel or Paydirt or Sitevision Office or Trimble SCS900
- Additional software proficiencies include: Adobe Professional, Microsoft Office 2013, HCSS
What's on Offer
The Civil Project Manager will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- Cell phone and laptop
- Paid time off/personal days/sick days
- Excellent benefits - health, medical, vision, dental
- 401k plan available