Construction Estimator (federal/commercial)
High profile role working on exciting new projects
Competitive base salary and 15% bonus opportunity
About Our Client
My client is General Contractor who's roots extend back 40 years. Well-known in the Chicago Market with an excellent reputation in the Commercial and Light Industrial Construction Industry. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to hire an Estimator with immediate effect to take ownership of the team.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-through and site visits.
- Review bid requirements for projects ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Prepare takeoffs, work with subs and suppliers to secure competitive pricing.
- Identify, manage and maintain relationships with subcontractors, ensuring bids are completed timely, completely, and accurately.
- Develop and sustain working relationships with clients through direct communication.
- Properly turn over bid documents and sub/supplier buyout information to Project Manager in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years experience in construction
- Bachelors Degree in a Construction Related Field
- Successful track record with industrial construction projects
- Have great organizational skills, and be able to handle complex responsibilities.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel.
- Ability to read blueprints and construction documents.
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions.
- Knowledge of project management and accounting fundamentals relating to the construction industry
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary between $90,000-$125,000, depending on project experience and skills
- Bonus Opportunity (Based on project performance, once profit is met, there is a 10% pay out)
- 401K + 5% match
- Profit sharing (up to 15%)
- PTO-15 days with paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays