Construction Estimator - Ground Up Projects
A top Colorado based General Contractor
Looking for talented estimators of all levels to join the growing team
About Our Client
A top Colorado based General Contractor looking for talented estimators of all levels to join the growing team.
Works with clients, architects/engineers, subcontractors/ suppliers under the direction of the Preconstruction Manager and Senior Estimator, to plan cost factors for building projects; analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attends pre-proposal meetings and performs site visits as required to assist in the preparation of requests for proposal.
- Consults with clients, architects, subcontractors, and material suppliers to discuss and formulate estimates, effect cost reductions, and resolve issues.
- Has the ability to work on multiple preconstruction projects at once.
- Manages document control for the preconstruction phases of a project.
- Creates and distributes meeting minutes for preconstruction meetings.
- Helps prepare estimates with the proper level of detail for all design stages: Conceptual, Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents.
- Prepares quantity take-offs and estimates costs of materials, labor, and use of equipment required to fulfill all provisions of the contract.
- Learns and becomes proficient with basic estimating techniques for CSI divisions 2, 4-14, and 31-33; develops knowledge regarding division 3 and MEP trades.
- Researches construction documents and analyzes specifications to determine estimated costs.
- Reviews design documents for proper information to receive accurate pricing from subcontractors and suppliers.
- Works with the Virtual Design (BIM) Department to utilize Revit or other programs in generating quantities as may be available from design models.
- Works with the Preconstruction Manager and Senior Estimators in the creation of all final estimates to be given to the operations and accounting team for creation of the project budgets.
- Understands the application and calculation of bond and insurance costs.
Subcontracting and Buy-Out:
- Performs subcontractor solicitation through iSqFt or other solicitation programs as may be utilized and assures that the proper team members are part of the approval process for all bid lists.
- Ensures that proper bid coverage is achieved for each scope of work including meeting or exceeding any owner contract requirements (i.e. minimum number of bids per trade).
- Updates subcontractor database as necessary.
- Documents good faith efforts for all projects with small business requirements.
- Contacts and follows up with subcontractors for all budgeting and bid efforts to establish participation.
- Reviews all bid packages, instructions to bidders, and bid forms against all subcontractor proposals to ensure compliant and complete bids.
- Reviews subcontractor and supplier bids for conformity to contract requirements and determines acceptable bids.
- Works with Preconstruction Managers and Senior Estimators during buy-out process and hand off to the Operations Team.
- Communicates feedback to subcontractors on bid efforts.
- Understands how to use historical cost database resources and assists Chief Estimator in updating.
- Mentors and trains Construction Management Associates in preconstruction processes and systems.
- Helps maintain relationships with existing subcontractors and create new relationships for mutual benefit.
- Fosters and maintains relationships with Owners and Design teams.
- Familiarity / Proficiency with the following software or internet based programs:
- On-Screen Takeoff
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Project (Scheduling)
The Successful Applicant
- B.S. degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent field experience; or two (3-4) or more years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present technical information and respond to questions from managers, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and analyze construction documents for commercial construction projects. Basic computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet programs and package estimating systems.
What's on Offer
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible PTO