- Growing team with backlog of projects through 2022
- Not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Construction Estimator role.
About Our Client
Company is a recognized leader and an established business in the Greater Lansing area. Its Property Management division holds a portfolio including more than 115 residential communities and nearly one million square feet of commercial and retail space across Michigan's best markets. For more than 40 years, focus has been providing high-quality apartment homes, commercial and retail space, and excellent service and value to its residents, commercial tenants and investors.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Prepare budget estimates, detailed and accurate bid estimates, and bid packages, potentially on short turnaround time - ground-up construction and renovations/additions.
- Must be able to read and fully understand project drawings and specifications for all trades - Architectural, MEP, Structural, Sprinkler, Fire Alarm, etc. Prepare RFI's as needed.
- Solicit and evaluate scope completeness of proposals from multiple trade subcontractors, and effectively communicate and negotiate with subcontractors.
- Identify and track changes to drawings through addendums, bulletins, and revisions, including follow-through with subcontractors.
- Attend job site walk-throughs and effectively communicate and coordinate with project superintendents and subs.
- Produces accurate and thorough takeoffs, including pricing of work
- Creates project estimates and analysis of subcontractor and supplier bids
- Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings
- Once construction documents are released, works with Architects, Owners, and Engineers to formulate accurate and complete budgets
The Successful Applicant
- 5 years experience in the multi-family/commercial construction industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Related Field
- Proficient in computer technology (Microsoft Outlook, Project and Office, etc).
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Construction Estimator role.
Reporting directly to the VP of Estimating, the position is a high-profile role and will secure a competitive salary with benefits and a year-end bonus. Salary base ranging from 80,000-100,000 based on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately with your resume and project list.