- Dynamic Construction Estimator role with no ceiling for growth
- Competitive salary up to 125K, high bonus earning potential, excellent benefits
About Our Client
Our client is a very reputable General Contractor in the Greater Milwaukee area on the search for a skilled and experienced Estimator. This company has been around for decades and has created a positive name and pipeline over that time. They are looking to grow their construction team as a result of their strong 2021 pipeline and hire a top of the line Estimator to take on some key responsibilities.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for both current and future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel and construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve all issues.
- Create estimates for management for planning and scheduling work.
- Ability to read blueprints and other documents to prepare all estimates for time, cost, materials and labor.
- Consult with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on all changes/adjustments made to cost estimates.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of products, services and actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors and or subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems.
- Establish and maintain tendering process and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain complete directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Review all material and labor requirements.
- Prepare all cost and expenditure statements and any other necessary documentation throughout the duration of project.
- Visit site and record information about access, drainage and topography.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Project Management preferred.
- 7+ years of estimating experience in commercial construction or with trades.
- Experience with preparing bids.
- Has hands-on experience estimating projects based off of blue prints.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ground-up commercial or industrial experience required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary up to $125K
- High bonus earning potential
- Full benefits (Healthcare, Vision and Dental)
- 401K company match
- Cell phone / laptop and other tech
- Car allowance / company vehicle
- PTO (Up to 3+ weeks starting)
- Company holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Paternity and maternity leave
- Excellent company culture
- Flexibility and great work/life balance
- Robust growth potential