- Growing team with backlog of projects through 2024
- Tight knit culture that allows for flexibility and work/life balance
About Our Client
Company is a recognized leader and an established business in the Greater Grand Rapids area. Its Property Management division holds a portfolio including more than 115 residential communities and nearly one million square feet of commercial and retail space across Michigan's best markets. For more than 40 years, focus has been providing high-quality apartment homes, commercial and retail space, and excellent service and value to its residents, commercial tenants and investors.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The key responsibilities of the Construction Estimator are:
- Researching materials, equipment and labor costs for the construction project.
- Review project documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of the project requirements.
- Perform detailed quantity takeoff estimates for all trades.
- Assemble accurate and well organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Analyze and evaluate bids from subcontractors.
- Prepare relevant and reliable budget forecasts.
- Use project conceptual design; schematic design; and/or design development drawings to create conceptual estimates.
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues necessary to complete the project budget.
- Assist in writing bid scopes for the bidding process.
- Support project managers.
- Create and maintain cost history database.
- Assessing the subcontractor levels of risk on a project.
- Organize sub-contractors bids; review scopes of work to insure bids meet project requirements.
- Insure site personnel are provided with proper documentation related to project.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Construction Estimator:
- Previous working experience as a construction estimator in multifamily and light commercial for 5 to 10 years. Prefer Michigan experience.
- In-depth knowledge of construction project management.
- Previous multifamily experience estimating projects into the $50 million range.
- Familiarity with computer programs such as Bluebeam, Procore and Excel
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
What's on Offer
On offer for the Construction Estimator candidate are:
- A competitive base compensation rate ranging from $80,000 - $100,000+ depending on experience
- A 401(k) with company match
- Fully employer paid healthcare/vision/dentral plan
- A generous paid time policy off
- Continued learning and training opportunities
- On-site health and wellness activities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules
- Access to industry-leading technology
- Team members are also provided opportunities to help shape their community for future generations through volunteer time off and opportunities for involvement with local organizations.
Apply using the link provided to have resume considered within 24 hours.