Estimator with 1-3 years of experience for leading general contractor
Commercial construction company expanding their estimating team and hiring
About Our Client
Regional general contractor with a diverse project portfolio and backlog. This construction company is celebrating its 60 year anniversary and doing 300 million a year. All their construction projects are negotiated and are majority ground up. They pride themselves on low turnover and a great culture.
Their office is in the south bay of Los Angeles, with majority of projects in Los Angeles proper. This general contractor has great relationships with developers and subs in the area with projects ranging from hospitality, schools and commercial construction.
The Estimator is responsible for assisting the Lead Estimator in the bidding, estimating and purchasing activities of the company. More specific duties include:
- Review plans and specification requirements for construction
- Mark up plans to identify specific work activities
- Prepare subcontractor scope of work letters
- Perform basic general estimating duties such as quantity take offs, data input, and preparing RFI's for plan discrepancies, constructability and time issues
- Conduct subcontractor solicitation and negotiations - transmit bid invitations, solicit and instruct subcontractors, perform in-person review of documents and scope of work, coordinate, copy, assemble and shop bid documents for specific trades
- File, ship, and process project data information
The Successful Applicant
Estimator, please apply if you...
- Lives in Los Angeles or be able to commute to Los Angeles every day
- Solid math skills and basic ability to read blueprints are required
- Excellent computer skills
- College degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is preferred
- 1-3 years of construction experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment
- Must be comfortable working with deadlines
- Must be able to manage working on several projects at the same time
What's on Offer
The offer includes base salary, bonuses, 401k, health care, holidays, sick days and a great culture!