Top 25 Firm in Minnesota
All work local to the MSP
About Our Client
This is a highly successful General Contracting firm with great relationships throughout the state of Minnesota. They are located in downtown Minneapolis and looking for an experienced Estimator to work on their commercial projects. They are a forward thinking organization and the leadership team is very approachable. They offer excellent compensation packages and emphasize a work/life balance.
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
- Submit timely questions for clarification during the construction bid process.
- Attend construction pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare qualified construction subcontractor lists.
- Solicit bids from a comprehensive set of construction subcontractors and suppliers.
- Confirm scope of work and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with change order pricing.
- Stay current with estimating methods and knowledge.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Excellent construction cost estimating skills on competitive hard bids and conceptual estimates.
- Strong analytical skills to predict a problem, not just a problem solver.
- Ability to identify construction risks.
- Work accurately under the pressure of construction bid day deadlines.
- Ability to accurately estimate the cost of construction materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work while determining all portions of the work have been fully addressed in the final bid preparation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of construction management.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and utilize historic bid data for use on future construction bids.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit
What's on Offer
- A generous compensation package between $90,000-$150,000, based on experience
- Bonus potential (Average is $10,000K)
- Comprehensive medical package (100% Individual, 85% Dependents)
- Car allowance with gas card
- 401 (k) with 5% company match
- 20 PTO Days
- 11 Paid Holidays