Top 25 Firm in Minnesota
All work local to the MSP
About Our Client
This is a highly successful Construction Management firm with great relationships throughout the state of Minnesota. They are located in Minneapolis and looking for an Estimator to join their team. They are a forward thinking organization and the leadership team is very approachable. They offer excellent compensation packages and emphasize a work/life balance.
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
- Submit timely questions for clarification during the construction bid process.
- Attend construction pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare qualified construction subcontractor lists.
- Solicit bids from a comprehensive set of construction subcontractors and suppliers.
- Confirm scope of work and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with change order pricing.
- Stay current with estimating methods and knowledge.
The Successful Applicant
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Excellent construction cost estimating skills on competitive hard bids and conceptual estimates.
- Strong analytical skills to predict a problem, not just a problem solver.
- Ability to identify construction risks.
- Work accurately under the pressure of construction bid day deadlines.
- Ability to accurately estimate the cost of construction materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work while determining all portions of the work have been fully addressed in the final bid preparation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of construction management.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and utilize historic bid data for use on future construction bids.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit
What's on Offer
- A generous compensation package between $70,000-$100,000, based on experience
- Bonus potential (Average is $10,000K)
- Comprehensive medical package (100% Individual, 85% Dependents)
- Car allowance with gas card
- 401 (k) with 5% company match
- 20 PTO Days
- 11 Paid Holidays