Opportunity to join a top Real Estate Developer in Chicago
Transparent growth opportunities
About Our Client
My client is a fully integrated general contractor and real estate developer that has completed over $1 billion worth of projects. Throughout Chicago and the Midwest their projects range in healthcare, pharmaceutical, food service, automotive and retail markets. They take tremendous pride in their work and are known to create incredibly long lasting relationships with firms in the construction and real estate industry. My client is on of the most sought out developers in Chicago and are looking to bring on a Lead Estimator onto their team.
- Assist in negotiation, awarding and preparing subcontract agreements with Project Management.
- Review and scope subcontractor proposals using detailed bid analysis sheets.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs for individual trade work.
- Ensure your team members are informed of at all times of approved scope of work
- Work with sales teams to prepare estimates and bids for clients
- Develop project plans for the duration of the project
- Identify and quantify cost factors, such as production time, materials, and labor expenses
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or a related field
- 4-10 years of construction estimating experience in healthcare, retail, commercial and office projects
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Experience with Microsoft project and bidding software
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within time constraints
- Contacts subcontractors and vendors attaining estimates for all necessary scopes
- Prior experience to estimate up to 5 projects directly
What's on Offer
- Base salary from 75K-130K based on experience
- High bonus potential
- 401k match, health benefits
- Fantastic growth structure
- Known for having an undeniable family feel