Opportunity to cover a variety of Projects
Family oriented Culture
About Our Client
My client is well established General Contractor in the Pacific Northwest which serves a variety of local private client and public agencies. As a diversified construction company their variety of delivery methods allows them to perform quality projects in the Multifamily, Education and Office space.
- Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with team to confirm complete scope Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude.
- Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing.
- Participate in good faith efforts and outreach.
- Prepare instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information.
- Perform and/or manage the quantity survey and pricing effort for internal budgets.
- Prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information.
- Review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits.
- Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Review and/or manage the review and scoping of specialty contractor bids.
- Review constructability issues with operational staff.
- Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine economic alternatives.
- Build effective relationships with clients, design teams, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects.
- Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested.
- Participate in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineer or related field
- Strong background in preconstruction/estimating on commercial & Multifamily construction projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite with a high level of skill with Excel and Word, and with On-Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam, along with some background using model-based software
- Knowledge of drawing and technical specifications, labor costing, trade scope definitions, local market conditions, and varied contractual terms and conditions
What's on Offer
- Top end of market competitive pay plus bonus
- Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K retirement plan, above average contribution
- Sick days, holidays, and vacation weeks