Our client moves quickly through the interview process!
The client is always looking for driven people
About Our Client
Large established GC located in NYC is seeking senior and junior estimators to join their team
- Review construction drawings & specifications, conduct field visits and gather all material and data necessary to determine scope of work and organize a construction cost estimate.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for residential projects
- Prepare and organize material takeoffs utilizing On-Screen Take Off (OST) software for accuracy and seamless transition to Project Management Team.
- Ability to create project schedules/timelines utilizing MS Project software.
- Establish job costs through analysis of vendors/sub-contractor quotations for material/services.
- Develop the scope of work for sub-contractors and assist account executive in preparation of buy-out package.
- Maintain digital file of working documents as back-up for estimating database, including quotations and notes
The Successful Applicant
- Strong understanding of the NYC Construction environment as applied to urban exterior restoration and general knowledge of the estimating process, including blueprint and specification reading, as well as material and labor costs.
- Proficiency in rigging requirements and experience in exterior masonry, roofing, flatwork/garage and historic preservation.
- Outstanding organizational skills. Must possess a structured, logical, and methodical approach to problem solving. Must be able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively work with production team, from Project Managers to office staff to sub-contractors. Must be effective in directing and supporting the work of others.
- Outstanding attention to detail. Ability to effectively recognize issues and discrepancies in bid documentation.
What's on Offer