Top developer in Pacific Northwest
Growth opportunities within large/well-established company
About Our Client
This industry-leader has delivered construction projects for high-profile clients across the United States, with most of their pipeline rooted in Seattle. Strong reputation for producing high quality work and respecting project budgets.
Responsibilities Will Include But Not Be Limited To:
- Review all estimates for accuracy, detail and expectations
- Contact local building trades, subcontractors, suppliers, government offices, etc. to understand and verify local market conditions, trade practices and costs
- Analyze manpower and equipment requirements for specific self-perform operations
- Understand the impact of general conditions and contract language; review with project team
- Coordinate building systems and schedules with Operations to plan and budget for safety on each project
- Utilize conceptual estimating skills and identify items required for complete systems, even if not outlined on construction documents
- Make decisions in a timely manner; understand when to involve upper management in decisions; assess level of risk and consequences associated
- Understand the clients' needs to manage the process efficiently, ensure timely completion, understand local logistics/subcontractor and supplier market, and how BIM/LEED/LEAN can be best utilized
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Manages the preparation of daily and weekly reports, and prepares monthly reports that discuss, in detail, the status of the project.
The Successful Applicant
- A college degree in a construction related field is preferred but not required
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience of extensive estimating in a construction field.
- Ability to lead a team
- Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Employee must have experience with onscreen takeoffs and the ability to learn other specific software.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company providing you with the career opportunities you are looking for! A few of the many perks offered by our client are:
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Car allowance