Flexible work-life balance for a top GC in Milwaukee
Competitive pay with the best benefits in the industry
About Our Client
One the fastest growing, high energy general contractors in Milwaukee, they focus on career development, work flexibility and creating an environment for any construction professional to prosper. From an industry perspective they focus on all forms of commercial, medical, industrial and multifamily projects. No one invests in their people quite like them and that is seen in the incredible benefit program along with leading retention of their employees.
- Prepare cost and labor estimates for construction projects by way of analyzing project drawings, specifications, and RFP's.
- Submit timely questions for clarification during the bid process.
- Attend pre-bid meetings.
- Prepare qualified subcontractor lists.
- Solicit bids from a comprehensive set of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Confirm scope of work and bid proposals for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist with change order pricing.
- Stay current with estimating methods and knowledge.
- Management position
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience
- Conceptual and DD Budgets & Control Estimates
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Excellent cost estimating skills on competitive hard bids and conceptual estimates.
- Strong analytical skills to predict a problem, not just a problem solver.
- Ability to identify risks.
- Work accurately under the pressure of bid day deadlines.
- Ability to accurately estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor work while determining all portions of the work have been fully addressed in the final bid preparation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to gather and utilize historic bid data for use on future bids.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suit
What's on Offer
- Salary range from 85k+, depending on experience and skills
- Great work/life balance
- Lucrative Bonus Potential
- Health benefits