Great Company Culture
About Our Client
Client is a top NYC GC that's been around for over 75 years.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Prepare and review quantity take-offs, analysis, estimate, and studies for all items incorporated in the assigned scope.
- Take lead role in lump sum bids and GMPs, ensuring risk management, and date certainty of all deliverables.
- Review drawings, specifications and all other construction documents. Make senior management aware of design-related problems, completeness of documents and other potential risks.
- Work in conjunction with Operations to ensure that detailed General Conditions/Requirements estimates are prepared, and review with others as needed.
- Responsible for the value engineering process during pre construction for the assigned projects.
- Manage the Estimators and Assistant Estimators, including completing performance evaluations.
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, QA/QC, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Manage the allocation of work hours for staff assigned to project to ensure it is within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate and collaborate with Operations during pre construction efforts.
- Develop and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Analyze cost data, unit prices, and information that can be developed and used as a "rule of thumb" for all building systems estimated costs.
- Responsible for the preparation of preliminary estimates and studies during preconstruction; monitor design development cost trends in order to detect overruns and potential problem areas, including conceptual schedules and logistics.
- Assist in evaluating and analyzing subcontractor proposals.
- Derive systems quantities from estimating software in order to provide complete estimate.
- Lead Scope Reconciliation Meetings at which Estimators work to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, building construction or similar plus eight or more years as an Estimator, or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems, market conditions, trade practices.
- Must have conceptual ability to work with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of the owner/architect requirements.
- Should demonstrate imaginative, innovative and succinct approach to a project. Should have familiarity with the operating procedures and methods of other departments-purchasing, accounting, etc.
- Good leadership, verbal and written skills. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of programs and Plaza's estimating software. Complete knowledge of the estimating documents and the ability to provide accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis of the documents.
- Must be able to multitask and meet established deadlines.
What's on Offer
What's on offer?
- This firm provides all associates with a top-quality company culture
- Exceptional benefits
- An encouraging place to learn and grow