Lead the estimating department of a reputable Chicago GC
Great opportunity for career growth
About Our Client
Our client is a growing General Contractor and Construction Management Firm located in downtown Chicago. The company was founded in 2010 and has been growing ever since. They have a diverse portfolio of projects including healthcare, education, industrial, multifamily and retail. The President is looking for future leaders to join the company and serve as his right hand as they continue down this successful path.
The key responsibilities of the Estimator:
- Read and interpret plans, proposals and other documentation to create bids.
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual costs.
- Obtain and track subcontract bids and negotiate budgets.
- Prepare and present estimate documentation, including gaps in available data.
- Prepares estimates according to the requirements of multiple delivery systems. Reviews quotes and estimates with the project management team
- Assists with certain post-bid buyouts.
- Initiates and participates in meet and greet presentations with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Estimator:
- B.S in Construction Management or relevant degree
- Understand costs and market conditions
- The ability to lead and manage a team underneath you
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Commercial & Residential projects
- 8+ years of estimating experience
- Experience in leading a team
What's on Offer
What is on offer for the successful Estimator:
- Salaries up to $130K dependent on experience
- Excellent career growth opportunities - add value immediately!
- Direct communication with the President
- Great benefits packages with little cost to the employee
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing company with a ton of repeat business
- Work/life balance with flexible hours and autonomy