- Career Growth Opportunity
- Be part of a well-established construction team
About Our Client
Well established construction enterprise company founded in the 1930's who consistently prove their value to the industry with a portfolio of high quality projects. Our client prides themselves on quality and predictability in their services. Throughout their profound history, they have constructed numerous commercial, institutional, and manufacturing buildings, mixed-use facilities, parking structures, renovations, additions, interior fit-outs, water and waste-water treatment plants and other heavy industrial projects throughout the Midwest.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
- Establish and maintain tendering process, and conduct negotiations.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Related Field
- 3+ years industry experience
- Motivated personality
- Demonstrate ability to lead commercial construction projects
What's on Offer
- Base salary ranging from $80,000 - $120,000 depending on experience
- Potential for large bonuses and partial ownership in projects
- Competitive employer 401k match
- Fully employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible hours, Competitive PTO policy
- Paths to senior leadership
- Diverse portfolio of projects and a strong pipeline