- Well-known contractor who is centrally located in Ann Arbor
- Not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Construction Estimator role.
About Our Client
A Contractor who has been in operations for over 25 years, my client is well-known in the Michigan market with an excellent reputation in the Construction Industry. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Construction Estimator with immediate effect to take ownership of estimation for the whole construction team.
Key Responsibilities of The Estimator
- Prepare budget estimates, detailed and accurate bid estimates, and bid packages, potentially on short turnaround time for projects ranging from $500k to $15MM - ground-up construction and renovations/additions.
- Must be able to read and fully understand project drawings and specifications for all trades - Architectural, MEP, Structural, Sprinkler, Fire Alarm, etc. Prepare RFI's as needed.
- Solicit and evaluate scope completeness of proposals from multiple trade subcontractors, and effectively communicate and negotiate with subcontractors.
- Identify and track changes to drawings through addendums, bulletins, and revisions, including follow-through with subcontractors.
- Attend job site walk-throughs and effectively communicate and coordinate with project superintendents and subs.
- Produces accurate and thorough takeoffs, including pricing of work
- Creates project estimates and analysis of subcontractor and supplier bids
- Conducts post-bid and pre-buy meetings and negotiation/scope review meetings
- Once construction documents are released, works with Architects, Owners, and Engineers to formulate accurate and complete budgets
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 5 years experience in the industrial/commercial construction industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction or Related Field
- Multi-trade knowledge and experience (steel, concrete, masonry, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc).
- Proficient in computer technology (Microsoft Outlook, Project and Office, etc).
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
What's on Offer
This is an opportunity not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Construction Estimator role.
Reporting directly to the VP of Estimating, the position is a high-profile role and will secure a competitive salary with benefits and a year-end bonus. Salary base ranging from 90,000-120,000 based on experience.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately with your resume and project list.