Large publicly traded company
Looking for a PM with infrastructure utility experience
About Our Client
Large publicly traded energy company
- Provide management and responsibility for performance of Field Construction Managers for the construction and commissioning of electric lines and substation projects.
- Determines the contract resource requirements, service specifications and manages contractor performance.
- Work with Field Construction Managers related to coordination of field inspections and sign offs for construction projects including environmental or agricultural.
- Ensure all functional testing is complete at job sites in preparation of commissioning of the facilities.
- Manage performance of outsourced Construction companies to ensure adherence to safety, quality, schedules, budgets, cost effective means and methods.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and under budget
- Develop, review, and evaluate contracts and agreements affecting the project execution and functional area operations and make appropriate recommendations.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with permit conditions.
- Lead resolution in a timely manner to proactively resolve problems and coordinate activities with the field construction managers.
- Responsible to works with project team ensure that construction management is integrated into the planning, scheduling, cost tracking, construction, installation, sequencing and testing and commissioning, and acceptance activities.
- Ensure Field Construction Managers obtain all construction materials and material handling plans are established and properly managed and reported.
- Responsible for the coordination of construction schedules with the other functional areas within the company.
- Provides constructability feedback on electrical, mechanical, protection and civil construction standards.
- Research, recommend, and implement changes as necessary to be aligned with Standards and Business Area goals and objectives.
- Responsible for timely resolution of disputes and prioritize business requirements to ensure projects are completed on time and under budget.
- Provide accurate inputs related to the budget process to providing field estimates, resource needs, and oversight of the construction budget.
- Participate in the construction projects negotiations and joint planning efforts with other utilities.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management with 7 years relevant experience preferred. Associates Degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or High School/GED with the completion of the relevant progression program and 15 years relevant experience required.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive related electric utility industry experience, with electric line or substation facilities construction management experience preferred. 3 years' experience in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a valid Driver's License
- Must be willing to travel to construction sites on a day to day basis, attend meetings
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and benefits