- Huge growth potential and exciting project portfolio at one of Detroit's top GCs
- Competitive salary and great benefits
About Our Client
A multifaceted developer and general contractor with over 20 years of experience in multifamily, commercial, and industrial construction. My client has developed and managed 200+ facilities in more than half the states and has seen more than 50% growth in the past 5 years. With this growth, my client currently does $75 Million annually. Please apply today for immediate consideration.
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Key responsibilities of Multi-Family Superintendent
- Manage and direct all construction activities on the project site in an effective manner and efficient time to meet the requirements of the contract documents, inspection requirements, project schedules,
- Ability to direct team and activities while maintaining job site safety standards.
- Coordinate the work of all sub-contractor trades in accordance with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor, and be present for agency inspections.
- Prepare and monitor RFI's.
- Prepare daily report forms and progress photographs.
- Working knowledge familiarity with computer operating systems including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel; and opening, preparing, scanning, printing, and sending PDF files and other documents.
- Actively engage design professionals, subcontractors, project managers, and local officials, when needed, to problem solve, mitigate conflicts, and resolve disputes.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly job site; and enforce job site safety standards. The Successful Applicant
- Interview, hire, and fire (if necessary) on-site staff
- Lead all activities on the construction job-site
- Hire additional subcontractors and assign work accordingly
The Successful Applicant
Successful Multi-Family Superintendent
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in relevant field is preferred
- Experience with Multifamily, Senior Living, or Commercial Construction
- 4+ years experience as an assistant or lead superintendent
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to run and lead a job site
- Knowledge of best practices to run a job-site
- Ability to effectively communicate with owners, subcontractors, and other team members
- Great problem-solving and decision making skills
- Organizational skills, including time management, delegation, prioritization, and multitasking
- Understanding of construction equipment, including safe operating practices and signs of maintenance
What's on Offer
What the company offers
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus Opportunity
- Company truck provided
- Company gas card
- 401k Match
- Company laptop
- Company cellphone
- Opportunity with a growing GC/Developer
- Clear career progression
- Company that puts emphasis on culture and work-life balance
- Please apply today for immediate consideration.