Construction Project Director
Opportunity to work for one of Michigan's most reputable contractors
Exciting project pipeline, excellent benefits and a family oriented culture
About Our Client
A General Contractor who has been in operations since the mid-1960s, my client is well-known in the Michigan Market with an excellent reputation. Due to growth, they are currently seeking to appoint a Project Manager with project experience across the Multifamily, Senior Living, Commercial and Historical Renovation markets.
Project Executive performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Acting as the project leader for large high profile and/or technically demanding projects.
- Managing select projects including being responsible to the customer for all communications and to the corporation for the profit or loss on the project.
- Supporting and taking an active role in Risk Management, helping solve both current and potential problems, foreseeing issues, etc.
- Acting as a resource to the project team for technical information, production sequencing, subcontractor crew loaded schedules and labor issues.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced staff working on assigned projects.
- Approving of all site-specific safety and security plans and ensuring 100% compliance.
- Organizing and planning for the safe and efficient execution of the assigned projects.
- Working with the Project Managers and Project Accountant to ensure that job cost financial information is accurate and timely.
- Maintaining the financial controls of the project and being held accountable for the profit/loss of the project.
- Support and drive the development and adherence of the project schedule.
- Coordination of the project team and holding each member accountable for their assignment.
- Maintaining a professional relationship with our Customers.
- Developing ways to increase productivity and lower costs.
- Assisting in developing ways to feedback cost data to estimating.
- Continually expanding knowledge and use of industry best practices and innovation.
- Solving problems, as they arise, by using available knowledge and resources.
- Communicating and upholding the Company's commitment to Integrity and Code of Ethics, as well as ensuring the same for the entire team.
- All Other Duties as Assigned.
The Successful Applicant
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent in training and experience
- Minimum of 15 years' experience in the construction management field.
- Effective problem solving and time management abilities
- Strong computer skills, included knowledge of Procure and MS Suite of programs.
- Creative and results-oriented, with a strong sense of urgency and self-motivation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with an adaptable and flexible style in working with all types of individuals.
What's on Offer
A renowned General Contractor in the Detroit market, this is an opportunity not to be missed if you are seeking to secure a Construction Project Director role.
Reporting directly into the CEO, the position is a high-profile role and will secure a competitive salary with benefits, profit sharing and year-end bonuses.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately with both a resume and project list.